Who are we? Carpool is a logistics tech platform for shipping cars. As e-commerce takes foothold in all parts of our life including buying and selling cars online, our digital platform connects vehicle shippers with auto haulers. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on one truck, which means lower cost and fewer emissions. With the automotive revolution upon us, our potential clients range from car manufacturers, auto dealers, online car sales platforms, to ride-hailing companies.
Who are you? If you are a driven self-starter, looking for a startup experience, and want to be part of building a business this is a great opportunity to join our team. You get in on the ground floor at a logistics tech startup as the industry enters renaissance. To make it even better, you will get to do it at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village.
What will you do? As an Intern, you have an opportunity to work with our future customers that are revolutionizing the automotive industry such as Tesla, Carvana, Uber and many more. You will get exposed to working with automotive clients and auto haulers across the industry. This is a competitive role and will require relationship building skills, negotiation, growth mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will need to understand the challenges that automotive businesses face within their supply chains and use that knowledge to generate demand and develop tailored solutions to deliver value and support the customer’s initiatives. You will use CARPOOL’s technology solutions to drive automation, improve efficiencies, and add value to a customer’s supply chain.
As in every startup you will be wearing multiple hats beyond the core responsibilities. You will participate in sales, account management, as well as operations by working with auto haulers. This is a great opportunity to get very broad exposure to building and running a business.
- Manage the execution of daily vehicle shipments and provide timely customer updates.
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and managed in the system.
- Communicate with the sense of urgency to provide excellent customer experience.
- Monitor and ensure profitability of accounts.
- Create carrier partnerships for regular transport lanes.
- Proactively search for new carriers to assign shipments.
- Coordinate timely transportation scheduling.
- Identify transportation delays or issues and implement the best solution.
- Leverage data analytics to negotiate rates with the carriers.
- Leverage technology to drive automation and improve efficiency.
- Must be able to work 28 hours/week minimum.
- College juniors & seniors only.
- August 2022 start date (Fall semester)
- Passion for building customer relationships.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Creative problem-solving, detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
We are proud to offer a competitive hourly pay of $17/hour. You will have an amazing experience of building a business from the ground up located in Buckhead at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village (ATV). ATV’s amenities include a playroom, rooftop, unlimited coffee, snacks, and beer (with ID). We are just getting started so career opportunities are endless. Carpool Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About CARPOOL Logistics
Carpool is a logistics tech platform for shipping cars. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on one truck, lowering cost and emissions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour