Who are we? Carpool is a logistics tech platform for shipping cars. As e-commerce takes foothold in all parts of our life including buying and selling cars online, our digital platform connects vehicle shippers with auto haulers. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on one truck, which means lower cost and fewer emissions. With the automotive revolution upon us, our potential clients range from car manufacturers, auto dealers, online car sales platforms, to ride-hailing companies.
Who are you? If you are a driven self-starter and want to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in Atlanta, this is a great opportunity to join our team. You get in on the ground floor at an automotive logistics tech startup as the industry enters renaissance. To make it even better, you will get to do it at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village.
What will you do? As an Office Manager, you will be the gatekeeper of our culture and assist with various areas to support the growth of the business. You will assist the business with three main areas: office management, talent development, and accounting.
Office Management/Talent Development: You will assist with the talent selection process by interviewing and team onboarding. Additionally, support with documenting vacations, time & attendance, and processing bi-monthly payroll. You will ensure office supplies are maintained in stock and keep stock of the Carpool swag.
Accounting: You will support our customer onboarding and accounting/bookkeeping activities, by making sure invoices are paid on time and all charges recorded accurately. You will ensure our accounts payable, receivable, and financial entry reconciliations.
As in every startup you will be wearing multiple hats beyond the core responsibilities. This is a great opportunity to get very broad exposure to building and running a business.
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage first interviews and new employee onboarding process.
- Manage the employee attendance and time off schedule.
- Process the bi-monthly payroll.
- Maintain office supplies and order inventory.
- Coordinate meetings with potential clients.
- Provide a variety of administrative tasks.
- Maintaining records of financial transactions by posting and verifying.
- Verify and process daily accounts payable for our suppliers.
- Verify and process weekly accounts receivable invoices.
- Reconciling entries to maintain a balanced general ledger.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations and all supporting documents.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of office management and bookkeeping experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Total Compensation Package:
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits. You will have an amazing experience of building a business from the ground up located in Buckhead at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village (ATV). ATV’s amenities include a playroom, rooftop, unlimited coffee, snacks, and beer. As we scale, high performers that play a critical role in building the business will get to participate in the stock options. We are just getting started so career opportunities are endless. Carpool Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About CARPOOL Logistics
Carpool is a logistics tech platform for shipping cars. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on one truck, lowering cost and emissions.
Carpool is an Atlanta Tech Village and ATDC Signature company. We were awarded with a prestigious award of Top 10 Georgia Technology Startup by Technology Association of Georgia, Top 5 B2B Startup and Top 5 Tech Startup by Built In publication. We have been selected as a presenter at Venture Atlanta 2022 and have been featured by Atlanta Business Chronicle and Hypepotamus publications.