Who are we? Carpool is a logistics tech platform for shipping cars. As e-commerce takes foothold in all parts of our life including buying and selling cars online, our digital platform connects vehicle shippers with auto haulers. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on one truck, which means lower cost and fewer emissions. With the automotive revolution upon us, our potential clients range from car manufacturers, auto dealers, online car sales platforms, to ride-hailing companies.
Who are you? If you are a driven self-starter and want to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in Atlanta, this is a great opportunity to join our team. You get in on the ground floor at an automotive logistics tech startup as the industry enters renaissance. To make it even better, you will get to do it at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village.
What will you do? As Operations Manager – Carrier, you have an opportunity to work with our car hauler partners and develop our carrier marketplace. The role will serve as the architect of the company’s carrier strategy to deliver aggressive growth. S/he will have overall accountability for the carrier team and our carrier portfolio growth.
You will have overall accountability to manage demand planning, develop our carrier team and carrier partnerships. This is a competitive role and will require relationship building skills, growth mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will need to understand the challenges that automotive businesses face within their supply chains and provide solutions by partnering with carriers that support our customers’ initiatives. You will use Carpool’s technology solutions to drive automation, improve efficiencies, and add value to the carriers’ business.
As in every startup you will be wearing multiple hats beyond the core responsibilities. This is a great opportunity to get very broad exposure to building and running a business.
- Meet revenue growth goals by owning execution of carrier operations.
- Drive the development of a carrier team including decisions pertaining to staffing, training, and performance measurement.
- Manage demand planning and develop proper pool of carriers to meet customer KPIs.
- Secure truck capacity by developing carrier partnerships for regular transport lanes.
- Implement processes to execute on the carrier strategy.
- Leverage technology to drive automation and improve efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of logistics and transportation experience required.
- Passion for building teams and partnerships.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Creative problem-solving, detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel, as needed.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, benefits, and bonus. You will have an amazing experience of building a business from the ground up, located in Buckhead at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village (ATV). ATV’s amenities include a playroom, rooftop, unlimited coffee, snacks, and beer. We are just getting started so career opportunities are endless. Carpool Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Carpool Logistics
Carpool is a logistics tech platform for shipping cars. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on one truck, which means lower cost and fewer emissions.
Carpool is an Atlanta Tech Village and ATDC Signature company. We were awarded with a prestigious award of Top 10 Georgia Technology Startup by Technology Association of Georgia, Top 5 B2B Startup and Top 5 Tech Startup by Built In publication. We have been selected as a presenter at Venture Atlanta 2022 and have been featured by Atlanta Business Chronicle and Hypepotamus publications.