Who are we? Carpool is a logistics tech platform for shipping cars. As e-commerce takes foothold in all parts of our life including buying and selling cars online, our digital platform connects vehicle shippers with auto haulers. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on one truck, which means lower cost and fewer emissions. With the automotive revolution upon us, our potential clients range from car manufacturers, auctions, auto dealers, to ride-hailing companies.
Who are you? If you are a driven self-starter, with experience selling to dealerships, and want to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in Atlanta, this is a great opportunity to join our team. You get in on the ground floor at an automotive logistics tech startup as the industry enters renaissance. To make it even better, you will get to do it at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village.
What will you do? The Director of Sales is a critical leadership role that will serve as the architect of the company’s regional sales strategy to deliver aggressive growth. S/he will have overall accountability for revenue growth in the region through new business development and ownership of the sales pipeline.
As the customer portfolio grows, this individual will build an account team to support the growth. Specifically, s/he will be tasked with implementing a robust sales process and structure to scale the organization.
- Meet revenue growth goals by owning sales pipeline from conception to execution.
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities and partnerships.
- Build and maintain strong and enduring strategic customer relationships.
- Drive the development of a sales team including decisions pertaining to staffing, training, sales process, and performance measurement.
- Implement scalable sales processes and manage a consistent pipeline in the CRM with forecasting methodology.
- Collaborate internally with team on pricing strategy and account implementation plans.
- Review weekly/monthly sales activities and prospective customers with the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of automotive or logistics sales experience required.
- Progressive sales management and CRM experience required.
- Skilled in relationship building, negotiation skills, and business acumen.
- Ability to drive results and productivity in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of a customer’s organization including C-Level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel, as needed.
Total Compensation Package:
The role will provide a competitive compensation package that will reflect the success and the skills of the candidate. The basic framework will include a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits. You will have an amazing experience of building a business from the ground up located in Buckhead at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village (ATV). ATV’s membership includes access to mentors, advisors, and support with fund raising. We are just getting started so career opportunities are endless. Carpool Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Carpool Logistics
Carpool is a car shipping marketplace. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on a truck, lowering cost and emissions.
Carpool is an Atlanta Tech Village and ATDC Signature company. We were awarded with a prestigious award of Top 10 Georgia Technology Startup by Technology Association of Georgia, Top 5 B2B Startup and Top 5 Tech Startup by Built In publication. We have been selected as a presenter at Venture Atlanta 2022 and have been featured by Atlanta Business Chronicle and Hypepotamus publications.